Congratulations as you have crossed the wedding finish line and now it is a whole new beginning for you. It is a different feeling after getting married as you begin to enjoy the comfortable security which is also inclusive of countless meals and drinks and dances. But many married couples would also vouch for the fact that, weight gain also accompanies along with all this fun and enjoyment. You need to enjoy a happy married life but at the same time avoid health complications that come along with excessive weight gain. Below mentioned are some weight loss tips after marriage:
- Avoid getting too comfortable. You have worked hard to get your body in shape and look great for your wedding day. But now with all the mindless snacking has led to causing weight gain. Limit your cuddle time on the couch and fill it up with some sports activity which you two can do together.
- Weight loss and fitness should be a partnership activity. Set targets together and make the weight loss activity fun. Many a time there can be disagreements between couples so ensure to be clear with regards to your goals upfront to avoid any sort of miscommunication in future.
- It is much easier task to get rid of excess weight when you feel supported by your partner. Motivate and encourage each other to eat healthily and exercise regularly. Keep reminding each other how important your relationship is and compliment on every pound lost.
- Stop criticizing. Every marriage faces disagreements but there is a huge difference when it comes to constructive criticism and criticizing, specifically with regards to weight loss. Learn to gently nudge your partner if you feel he is being lazy but do not keep criticizing with negativity by using body shaming comments.
- When you get bogged down with responsibilities of work, family and life one tends to get stressed and succumbs under the pressure of emotional binging. Also with strenuous time schedules, you may not find time to cook. But the best remedy for weight loss is to stick to homemade food at all times.
- Find activities to do together as it is an easy way to bond and also help you stay fit and slim. Both of you are different and may have different goals. But you can pick one activity which both might comply on and stick by it. You may workout alone, but when you exercise together it is always fun.
- Look out for happy mediums with diets. Couples may not necessarily have the same kind of appetite. In most cases, men usually eat more while women tend to eat less. This leads to mirroring whereby you eat the same meals and also the same amounts together. This is a vital cause which leads to weight gain. By watching portions can help you solve this problem.
- Learn to focus more on the health aspect. Weight loss does help you look good but the bigger picture is the health benefits you derive after shedding those excess pounds from your body. Moreover, by staying slim and fit you have better chances to conceive and start a family.